11 Personal Safety and Self Defense Rules Of Engagement Everyone Should Know
Our minds can be very a powerful tool when it comes to personal safety and self-defense. Instructor Preston "PT" Taylor gives you 11 rules of engagement or generalized safety tips to remember for safe daily living.
- A winning mindset is the most important skill you bring to any potentially life-threatening situation.
- Your mind and your mouth are the two greatest weapons you'll ever possess… Use them wisely!
- Defensive tactics, like many physical skills, are perishable. Visit them often and they will be there for you in your time of need.
- Remember to breathe. Your muscles and your mind will require a constant supply of oxygen during a confrontation. Constantly remind yourself of this!
- The bad guy is just a man. He bleeds and breathes just like you! He's just a man!
- No technique or weapon is 100% effective. Don't be fooled into believing otherwise!
- If you treat your body like a Chevette, don't expect it to perform like a Corvette!
- The bad guy will not fight nicely or with any rules or reservation. Pay him the same compliment!
- Remember "Healthy Rage." It can mean the difference between life and death.
- The chances are exceptional that a police officer will not be right around the corner in your time of need… Always be prepared! This is not optional!
- If you act like prey, eventually you will be!
Personal Safety is for everyone, every day! You'll find this and more in our Personal Safety and Self Defense 4 Hour Continuing Education online course.