There are 3 main steps in getting your Michigan Real Estate Salesperson License.
1) Successful completion of a State approved 40-HR MI Real Estate Fundamentals Course
2) Submission of an online application
3) Completing the PSI Exam.
Complete a 40-HR Michigan Real Estate Fundamentals Course. This course must be approved by the state of Michigan for the Salesperson Prelicensure requirement. Real Estate Training Institute offers this course along with a Salesperson/Broker exam prep Course. This is an online course that is fast and easy to take at your leisure wherever you want. The 40-HR course is taught by Gwyn Besner, a respected and well known educator in Real Estate.
Real Estate Training Institute is offering students a discount to jumpstart their online courses. Use the coupon code: RE10
Once you successfully complete your MI 40-HR Real Estate Fundamentals Course you will need to submit an application.
How to Apply:
- Go to www.michigan.gov/icola Commercial Occupation Licensing Application (iCOLA)
- Select “I need to create an account to use online services” and submit
- Pay a licensing fee
- Submit your application electronically
- Note: if you are listing your employing brokers 10-digit ID number when applying, please inform your employer that you have submitted your license application.
At this time you have successfully completed the 40-HR Prelicensure Course and the online application. The final step is where you will be registering with Psychological Services Incorporated or PSI for the Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Exam. The exam is:
- $76.00 to register
- Timed (180 minutes) to complete
- Located in Gaylord, Grand Rapids, Holt, Marquette, and Southfield.
Once the exam is completed you will be notified immediately if you have passed or not. PSI will them import your exam data into your iCOLA record within 48 hours once you have passed.
How often do I have to renew my MI Real Estate Salesperson License?
First off, Congratulations on getting licensed! The renewal cycle for the Salesperson license takes place every three years on October 31. Realtors are required to complete 18-HRs of CE with 6 hours of those being legal updates. Click here for a complete list of Real Estate Training Institute’s Continued Education.
For the best new way to complete your education requirements,
visit www.realestatetraininginstitute.com or give the friendly staff a call