4 HOUR PESTICIDE CORE STANDARDS
TRAINING COURSE AND EXAM
This is the third part to the 12 hour pesticide training course. It is intended as a study guide for preparing to take the Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Exam administered by your state, tribe, territory, or federal department/agency. Passing the core exam is essential to becoming a certified applicator. This certification course benefits both you and the general public. By learning how to handle pesticides correctly, you will be able to protect yourself, others, and the environment from pesticide misuse.
After completing this course in its entirety, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and implement a broad range of pesticide application best practices.
- Be able to describe and integrate important regulatory requirements related to labeling, hazard management, environmental issues, and application procedures.
- Outline the different types formulations, equipment, and PPE used in the pesticide industry.
Pesticide Applicator Certification
1. Emergency Response
Emergency Response Planning
2. Planning the Pesticide Application
Selecting the Pesticide
Reviewing the Pesticide Label
Determining Pesticide Compatibility
Following Safe Mixing and Loading Practices
Cleaning and Disposing of Pesticide Containers
Applying Pesticides Correctly
Cleaning up after Mixing, Loading, and Application
3. Pesticide Application Procedures
Calculating the Application Rate
Techniques to Minimize Drift
4. Professional Conduct
Pesticide Security and Supervision
Public and Customer Communications
5. Final Exam