Electrical Inspectors, Journeyman and Master Electricians in the state of Arkansas have license renewals that are based upon the NEC cycle. If a license is being renewed in the first year of the NEC cycle, then the license can renewed for up to three years. If a license is being renewed in the second year of an NEC cycle, then that license can be renewed for up to two years. If a license is being renewed in the third year of the NEC cycle, then that license can only be renewed for one year. Renewal dates and continuing education requirements vary among the types of license. Below is a breakdown of renewal dates and required continuing education.
- Journeyman and Master Electricians renew annually on the last day of the month of initial licensure and are required to complete 8 hours of continuing education covering the current NEC.
- Electrical Inspectors renew on January 1st of every year and are required to complete 16 hours of continuing education.
- 8 hours must be on current NEC code in the year the code was adopted with the remainder industry related or in areas deemed necessary.
- All continuing education for Electrical Inspectors must be in a classroom setting.
Renewing my Arkansas Electricians License:
Step #1: Complete your required continuing education through an approved provider.
Step #2: Wait for your continuing education hours to be posted by the Arkansas Board of Electrical Examiners. Your approved continued education provider should submit your courses once they are completed.
Step #3: Renew your license and pay the renewal fee online using the Arkansas license renewal portal. Here is the link.
The current renewal fees are:
- Master Electrician: $50/ year
- Journeyman Electrician: $25/ year
- Electrical Inspector: $50
ECSTI Online continuing education is approved by the state of Arkansas for Journeyman and Master Electricians by the Arkansas Board of Electrical Examiners. Continuing education needs to be completed prior to renewing your license. ECSTI online courses are available 24/7, allowing you to complete them at a time that is convenient for your schedule. You have up to six months access to the course and can come and go as often as you need. Once you are finished, you are able to print a certificate of completion immediately.
While renewal deadlines are annual, the renewal cycle can vary. Licenses can be renewed for 1, 2 or 3 years with the appropriate fee:
- 1 year in the last year of an NEC cycle,
- 2 years in the second year of an NEC cycle, or
- 3 years in the first year of an NEC cycle.
The NEC cycle shall begin on January 1 of each year of NEC publication.
For the fastest and most economical way to complete your electrical continuing education, visit www.ecsti.com or give the friendly staff a call at 1-800-727-7104.