Need a Commercial Contractor License in West Virginia? Here are a few facts you need to know to get your license.
The State of West Virginia requires anyone who performs work for $2500 or more (total materials and labor) to have a West Virginia Contractors License. The Builders License Training Institute offers an excellent Commercial Contractor Exam Prep Course that will prepare you to take and pass the West Virginia NASCLA (Commercial) General Contractor Exam. We make it easy! The course is available 24/7 and sample quizzes and integrated slides are included throughout. You can study anywhere, anytime at your own pace. Take the course on your laptop or from any smartphone, tablet or mobile device.
The following steps must be completed before a contractor license is issued:
- Register for your examination(s), complete the examination registration form and submit the form with your examination fee to:
Prov Inc.: http://www.2prove.com/
200 Association Drive, Suite 190
Charleston, WV 25311
Phone: (304) 414-0190 Ext. 4
Fax: (877) 228-3926
You will receive an admission notice from testing agent 7 to 10 days prior to the examination date you select.
- Prepare for and take your examination with Online Fully Narrated Exam Prep
- Pass the Exam! Scores will automatically be reported to the Contractor Licensing Board within two business days of your examination.
- Once you have successfully completed your examination(s), you must mail the completed affidavit form and licensing fee of $90 to the West Virginia Contractor Board. The affidavit certifies that your firm is registered and in compliance with:
- Workers Compensation – Office of the Insurance Commissioner’s Employer Coverage Unit: (304) 558-6279
- Secretary of State (if applicable): (304) 558-8000
- State Tax Department: (304) 558-3333
- Wage Bonding (if applicable): (304) 558-7890 Ext. 162
- Workforce West Virginia Unemployment Compensation Division: (304) 558-2451
Once you complete your examination(s), submit license application paperwork and license fee payment to:
West Virginia Contractor Licensing Board
State Capital Complex, Building 6, Room B-749
Charleston, WV 25305
Phone: (304) 558-7890
Your license will be mailed to you.