Curb appeal can help increase overall home value but no one wants to sink a lot of money into a home they are intending to sell. A few simple, inexpensive tricks could help put a home's yard over the top.
- First things first, if your home is looking shabby consider a fresh coat of paint or renting a power washer. Power washers can also come in handy for windows, walkways, and details that are looking drab. You'll be surprised by how much fresher your home can look after a vigorous cleaning. Be careful to use the right pressure settings!
- Don't have time to work in the gardens? Potted plants are a great, low-maintenance, and cheap way to add splashes of color and the illusion of landscaping.
- Do not underestimate the value of your front door. The entrance to your home needs to convey what the buyer will find inside. While a new front door is relatively expensive, Houselogic estimates a 75-100% return on investment.
- Clean up those leaves! This one is easy, dead leaves make a yard look unkempt. Make sure you rake or leaf blow before showing your home.
- Last but not least, replace that old mailbox. It's amazing how something we use almost daily can fall into disrepair without notice but this is a common complaint by home buyers. A rusty broken mailbox makes home buyers wonder what else has not been up kept in a home. Since this is a cheap, easy fix, make sure your mailbox is looking good.