Is Contractor Continued Education Required in Georgia?
Yes, an applicant for renewal of his or her residential license must complete 3 hours of acceptable continuing education each year for a Georgia Residential Basic license, and 6 hours of continuing education each year for a Georgia Residential Light Commercial license. The state considers the year to be between July 1st through June 30th.
What licenses Require Continued Education?
Three (3) Hours required for
- Residential Basic Individual
- Residential Basic Qualifying Agent
Six (6) Hours required for
- Residential Light Commercial Individual
- Residential Light Qualifying Agent
No Continued Education is Required for
- General Contractor Individual
- General Contractor Limited Tier IND
- General Contractor Limited Tier QA
- General Contractor Qualifying Agent
What courses are available to me for Completing my Georgia Continued Education?
We have several 6 and 3 hour courses for contractors to choose from. Two of our hottest courses are:
- Successful Site Design (3 hour): This course will help you to navigate your entire team through the challenges and pitfalls of site development, all the time with an eye toward building design.
- Drones in Construction (3 hour): This course is an introduction to the use of Drones within the Construction industry. It is available in video format!