There are 3 main steps in getting your Michigan Real Estate Broker’s License:
1) Successful completion of a State approved 90-HR MI Real Estate Prelicensure Course(s)
2) Register and schedule a Real Estate Broker Exam through PSI
3) Submit an application to the Michigan Department of Regulatory Affairs
Realtors must be a licensed Salesperson for 3 years of more an complete a 90-HR Michigan Real Estate Broker Course. This course must be approved by the state of Michigan for the Broker Prelicensure requirement. Real Estate Training Institute offers this course along with a Salesperson/Broker exam prep Course. This is an online course made up of 3 separate 30 hour courses. Within each course there are several lessons each with their own video presentation, course material, and quiz. The 90-HR course is taught by Gwyn Besner, a respected and well known educator in the Real Estate Industry.
- Note: If you are an Attorney in the state of Michigan you automatically receive credit for 60-HRs of education including 6-HRs civil rights and fair housing
At this time you have successfully completed the 90-HR Prelicensure Broker Course. This second step is where you will be registering with Psychological Services Incorporated or PSI for the Michigan Real Estate Broker Exam.
The exam is:
- $76.00 to register
- Timed (180 minutes) to complete
- Located in Gaylord, Grand Rapids, Holt, Marquette, and Southfield.
Once the exam is completed you will be notified immediately if you have passed or not. PSI will then import your exam data into your iCOLA record within 48 hours once you have passed.
Once you successfully complete your MI 90-HR Real Estate Broker Course and State Licensing Exam you will need to submit an application to the Michigan Department of Regulatory Affairs.
How to Apply:
- Go to www.michigan.gov/realestate
- Under Licensing Applications and Forms select:
- Broker-Individual or Associate Broker License, Relicensure or Reinstatement Application (LRE-010)
- Pay the licensing fee
- Submit your Broker Licensing application by mail to receive your license
- Note: If you are applying as an Associate Broker your license will be sent to your Employer.
- If you are applying as an Individual Broker your license will be sent to your business address.
How often do I have to renew my MI Real Estate Brokers License?
Congratulations! You now have your Brokers License and can now focus on your continued education or CE. The renewal cycle for the Broker’s license takes place every three years on October 31. Realtors and Brokers are required to complete 18-HRs of CE with 6 hours of those being legal updates. Click here for a complete list of Real Estate Training Institute’s Approved Continued Education.
Complete your Continuing Education Now!
For the fastest and most economical way to complete this education, visitwww.realestatetraininginstitute.com or give the friendly staff a call at: