Contractors are required to complete six hours of approved continued education per year by December 31st to renew their Louisiana Contractor License. The requirement increased in January, 2012 from four hours to six hours each year. As of February 2012, continuing education is not required for contractors who hold Commercial licenses in the following classifications:
- Commercial Building Construction,
- Highway, Street and Bridge Construction, or
- Municipal and Public Works Construction
Builders License Training Institute offers several online continued education courses. Each course is 6-hours and 3-hours so contractors can mix and match to create a package to suit their learning preferences.
Top 3 Continued Education Courses:
- Drones in Construction: This state approved 3-hour course will teach you the basics of UAV/Drone Technology, Rules and Regulations, Cost of Drones, and how you can use them in the construction industry.
- Manage Your Way to Big Profits: This 6-hour course will help prepare the learner for the scope of responsibilities that a professional construction project manager must be prepared to perform.
- Estimating and Bidding for Success: This 6-hour course is excellent for builders and estimators entering the field, as well as architects, engineers, and contractors learning new tricks of the trade. AIA Approved and fulfills Builders License Continuing Education in several states.
Upon successful completion of each course students will have access to a downloadable certificate of completion. Contractors are required to mail a copy of their certificate of completion to the State Licensing Board for Contractors.
State Licensing Board for Contractors
2525 Quail Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70808.
Note: You DO NOT need to send the Continued Education Form because we have all of the necessary information printed on your certificate.