Do I need to complete continuing education to renew my Massachusetts license?
Any construction supervisor or CSL with an license expiration date of July 1, 2013 or after will need to comply with the continuing education requirements. A licensed construction supervisor must complete continuing education every 2 years in order to renew their license.
- Unrestricted Construction Supervisors (identified as Construction Supervisor License on the license card) must complete at least 12 hours of approved continuing education requirements.
- Restricted Construction Supervisors (identified as 1 and 2 Family License on the license card) must complete at least 10 hours of approved continuing education.
- Specialty Construction Supervisors must complete at least 6 hours of approved continuing education. Specialty categories include:
- Masonry Roofing
- Solid Fuel Burning
The maximum number of hours required for any given licensee is 12 hours, regardless of how many categories appear on the license card. A person who is licensed in a specialty category, whether one, two or all six, only needs 6 hours of approved continuing education credit.
How do I renew my Massachusetts Construction Supervisor License (CSL)?
- Complete the required continuing education credits.
- Request a renewal application from DPS by email.
- See: Request for CSL Renewal Form (Check your spam or junk folders for a “Renewal Notice Enclosed” item from “EOPSS MA”)
- Allow up to 3 days to receive your renewal form.
- Complete and return the renewal application.
Attach payment and CEU certificates.
MA licenses must be renewed every two years, the renewal fee is $100.00. There is a one year grace period to renew a license after expiration. For an additional fee of $100.00, licenses can be renewed up to two years after expiration.
Builders License Training Institute offers a variety of CSL approved continuing education courses. For Unrestricted Construction Supervisors there are five 12-Hr course packages click here for a complete list (All packages include a “6-hour Massachusetts Required Competency”course) Restricted Constructed Supervisors have two 10-Hr course packages containing 4-Hrs. in continuing education and 6-Hrs in “Massachusetts Required Competency.”