Any Massachusetts Construction Supervisor with an expiration date of July 1, 2013 or later is required to confirm that they have satisfied the continuing education requirement in order to renew their license each two-year renewal cycle. The requirements listed below need to be fulfilled every two years by the license renewal date:
- Unrestricted CSL’s with license numbers beginning with CS must complete 12 CEU’s. (Course Link)
- Restricted CSL’s with license numbers beginning with CSFA must complete 10 CEU’s. (Course Link)
- Specialty CSL’s with license numbers beginning with CSSL must complete 6 CEU’s. (Course Link)
These courses can be taken in a classroom or online, but the content must include at least one hour in each of the following topics:
- Code review
- Workplace safety
- Business practices/workers’ compensation
- Energy (except demolition specialty licensees)
- Lead safe practices (only first renewal cycle)…
… and must be approved by the Board of Building Regulations and Standards (BBRS). Here is a link to the fastest and most economical resource for completing 12, 10 and 6 hour courses that fulfill all requirements for Massachusetts Construction Supervisors, as well as Building Officials.
Construction supervisors will receive a renewal form approximately 60 days before their expiration date. They must attach a copy of their certificates of completion from the CEU’s to the renewal form.
Anyone found to have falsified an education report to the BBRS shall be subject to limitation, condition or suspension of the license. It’s not worth the risk – take the course and get your certificate of completion.
For the fastest and most economical way to complete this education, visit www.licensetobuild.com or give the friendly staff a call at 1-800-727-7104.
Follow us on Twitter @ConEdTraining to receive periodic updates on licensing information changes and deadlines, as well as exclusive discounts.