Do I need to complete continuing education to renew my Massachusetts license?
Any construction supervisor or CSL with a license expiration date of July 1, 2013 or after will need to comply with the continuing education requirements. A licensed construction supervisor must complete continuing education every 2 years in order to renew their license.
1) Unrestricted Construction Supervisors (identified as Construction Supervisor License on the license card) must attain at least 12 hours of approved continuing education requirements.
2) Restricted Construction Supervisors (identified as 1 and 2 Family License on the license card) must complete at least 10 hours of approved continuing education.
3) Specialty Construction Supervisors must complete at least 6 hours of approved continuing education. Specialty categories include:
- Masonry Roofing
- Solid Fuel Burning
The maximum number of hours required for any given licensee is 12 hours, regardless of how many categories appear on the license card. A person who is licensed in a specialty category, whether one, two or all six, needs only to complete 6 hours of approved continuing education credit.
How do I renew my Massachusetts Construction Supervisor License (CSL)?
- Complete the required continuing education credits.
- Request a renewal application from DPS by email.
See: Request for CSL Renewal Form (Check your spam or junk folders for a “Renewal Notice Enclosed” item from “EOPSS MA”)
- Allow up to 3 days to receive your renewal form.
- Complete and mail in the renewal application. Attach payment and CEU certificates.
MA Licenses must be renewed every two years, the renewal fee is $100.00. There is a one year grace period to renew licenses after expiration. For an additional fee of $100.00, licenses can be renewed up to two years after expiration.
Builders License Training Institute offers a variety of CSL approved continuing education courses for contractors to choose from.
For Unrestricted Construction Supervisors there are five 12-Hr course packages click here for a complete list (All of our packages include a “6-hour Massachusetts Required Competency”course)
Restricted Constructed Supervisors also have two 10-Hr course packages containing 4-Hrs. in continuing education and 6-Hrs in “Massachusetts Required Competency.”
For the fastest and most economical way to complete this education visit www.licensetobuild.com or give the friendly staff a call at: 1-800-727-7104
Subscribe to our Blog and Follow us on Twitter @ConEdTraining to receive periodic updates on licensing information changes and deadlines, as well as exclusive discounts.