Michigan Builders, The May 31st License Renewal Deadline Is Just Around The Corner!
Are you one of the 3,000 Michigan Builders set to renew a license by May 31, 2018?
Here are a few things you need to know.
As of 2017 all Michigan builder and maintenance and alteration license renewals must be completed online through the state of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA).
How to renew your license online:
- Complete your state required Continuing Competency
All Builders must complete continuing competency every renewal cycle.
- Builders licensed for less than 6 years need 21 hours
- Builders licensed for more than 6 years need 3 hours
- Follow this link to the LARA renewal page:
- Log in using the Permanent ID Number from your license
You will need to complete the process twice, once with your personal builder license and once with your company builders license.
- Complete online renewal form & pay $150 renewal fee
With this change, the $150 renewal fee must be paid by credit card or electronic check online at the time of renewal. Prepaid credit cards are available at most grocery stores and gas stations for any individuals who do not own credit cards or are uncomfortable paying by electronic check.
- Repeat process with your company license
Note: Renewals completed after May 31st but before July 1st will incur an additional $20 late fee.
Do you still need your continuing competency?
Online courses meet 21-hour or 3-hour requirements.
Use Coupon Code
and get 10% off online courses excluding books and book packages.