Code Officials in Michigan are required to renew their license every three years by September 16th.
Are you ready for renewal?
Here are a few things you need to know in order to renew.
- You should have received a statement at the end of April that shows the continuing education hours and courses you've completed for the license cycle.
- Continuing education must be completed and submitted before renewing your license.
Building Officials - 50 Hours
Inspectors (of any kind) - 47 Hours
Plan Reviewers - 47 Hours
The State of Michigan MUST receive your continuing education no later than 5 p.m. on September 16th.
- As an approved provider, Builders License Training Institute provides everything you need to fulfill state requirements for license renewal.
We've got online video course packages that will save you money and fit all your CE needs.
Check out our online Code Official Continuing Education Packages today!
- Upon course completion, we will submit proof of completing your continuing education to the State of Michigan. If your continuing education is completed prior to 3:30 p.m. on September 16th, we will be able to submit your continuing education on time.
- Renewal notices will be sent to licensees sometime during the end of July or early August.
- Licenses will need to be renewed before September 16th of the renewal year.
If you have questions regarding your continued education you may contact Bureau of Construction Codes:
Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Bureau of Construction Codes