MICHIGAN PLUMBER EXAM PREP
Our exam prep programs can help you attain your Journeyman and Contractor Plumber licenses. You will know what to expect at the testing site, the procedures for application, and test strategies.
MICHIGAN JOURNEYMAN PLUMBER VIDEO EXAM PREP COURSE
Journeyman Plumber Exam Prep 2018 | Michigan
Online HD Video Course - Practice Tests - Instructor: Kendall Nightlinger
This course will review plumbing laws and regulations, general concepts of venting and drainage, and some specific code items. There will also be valuable hands-on exercises and a review of construction math. Not only will you be prepared to take the state exam, but you will also leave with some tools to use in the field, helping you to be more efficient in what you do. Specifically, the course will cover the 2015 Michigan Plumbing Code, Skilled Trades Act PA 407, and Public Act 230 of 1972. The course will provide test-taking tricks on how to navigate the code book quickly and efficiently.
Video Course Details
$189.00Add to cart
MICHIGAN BUSINESS LAW EXAM PREP FOR PLUMBING CONTRACTORS
Individuals in the process of obtaining a Plumbing Contractor license must pass a Michigan Business & Law Exam as well as the Plumbing Contractor exam.
Exam Prep Tools for Business & Law | Michigan
This online course includes hundreds of practice questions similar to those on the state exam. It's as close to the real test as it gets! Mobile friendly so you can study anytime, anywhere!
$59.00Add to cart
MICHIGAN JOURNEYMAN PLUMBER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I become a journeyman plumber in Michigan?
- Have at least 6,000 hours of experience gained over no less than 3 years as a registered apprentice in the practical installation of plumbing.
- Complete a $100 Application for Journey Plumber Examination – More information found here.
Once your application is approved a third party testing agency (PSI) will contact you with instructions to schedule your exam. Exam fees must be paid to PSI when scheduling the exam.
- Pass the $100 exam
- Pay the $40 Journeyman plumber license fee
What can I expect from the Michigan journeyman plumber exam?
The exam includes copper practical, isometric workbook practical, and written question tests.
- Isometric Workbook - 50 multiple choice questions. Questions cover drainage, mathematics in plumbing, venting, and practical applications.
- Written Exam - 100 multiple choice questions. Questions cover drainage systems, general knowledge, fixtures, water/backflow protection, storm/special waste, testing, inspections, and venting.
What should I bring to the Michigan journeyman plumber exam?
- You must bring the admission card mailed to you 7 days before your examination date.
- Two sharpened #2 pencils
- Silent non-printing calculators and scale conversion rulers
- 24-inch square masonite lapboard to use a work surface
- Michigan Plumbing Code Book
- Safety glasses for the practical examination
- 20" by 28" board for copper fabrication
- Soldering tools and equipment to fabricate up to a 1" copper joint
- All materials for the copper project. -The copper tube (hard) shall be ¾? and ½? size, type L or M used for water distribution. The fittings shall be WROT copper fittings for water distribution.
1 - 30? length of lead-free solder conforming to ASTM B 32
1 - ¾? x ¼? galvanized or brass bushing
1 - ¼? brass snifter valve
1 - 40? length of ¾? copper tube, L or M
1 - ¾? 45º Elbow, C x C Wrot
1 - ¾? 90º Elbow, C x C Wrot
1 - ¾? Cap, C Wrot
2 - ¾? x ¾? x ½? Reducing tees, C x C x C Wrot
1 - ¾? Female adapter, C x F Wrot
2 - 30? lengths of ½? copper tube, L or M
2 - ½? 90º Elbows, C x C Wrot
2 - ½? Caps, C Wrot
Soldering flux conforming to ASTM B 813, having no solder; water soluble flux conforming to ASTM B 813 shall be used in accordance with Section 605.15.4. Pipe-joint sealing compound or Teflon tape
Where can I take the Michigan journeyman plumber exam?
- Grand Rapids
- Lansing (Holt)
How do I know if I passed the Michigan journeyman plumber exam?
Scores will be mailed after grading and board approval. Individuals who passed the exam will receive their license after paying the $40 initial license fee. Individuals who failed the examination will receive a reexamination application form in the mail. Reexamination can be scheduled by completing the form and paying the $100 exam fee.
Are there accommodations for individuals with special needs during the Michigan plumbing exam?
Yes, you must provide a written document from a professional such as an educator, doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist to certify that your condition requires accommodation. An accommodation request form can be found here.
MICHIGAN JOURNEYMAN PLUMBER LICENSE RENEWAL
How do I renew my journeyman plumber license in Michigan?
The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) will send a renewal notice approximately 3 months before the annual April 30th renewal deadline. You must fill out the forms, pay the $40 fee and send the documents back to LARA.
Do I need continuing education to maintain my journey or master plumber license in Michigan?
Journeymen and Master Plumbers must complete 5-hours of continuing education within one year of the adoption of new codes.