Return to Blog

Michigan Lead Paint Certification Course

Who needs to be a Certified Renovator?

Renovation work completed for compensation (including painting), which disturbs painted surfaces in residential dwellings or child-occupied facilities built before 1978, must be performed by an EPA certified company, using an individual trained in lead-safe work practices (testing, signage, work set-up and clean-up). Each job site is required to have a Certified Renovator on site to perform specific responsibilities.

How do I become a Certified Renovator?

You must complete an EPA-approved 8-hour training course.

Where can I take an 8-Hour EPA-Approved Certified Renovator course?

The Grand Traverse Area Home Builders Association in partnership with Builders License Training Institute is offering an EPA-approved 8-hour Certified Renovator course on Friday, December 8th of 2017 from 8am-5pm. The class will cost HBA members $185 and non-members $225.

Register Now

Class Location:

HBA of the Grand Traverse Area
3040 Sunset Lane
Traverse City, MI 49684
Lunch Will Be Provided

Contact Info:

Debbie is available to answer questions or help you register.


Return to Blog