Return to Blog

Michigan Professionals, are you licensed in more than one industry?

Certified Training Institute offers complete renewal packages for four Michigan industries!

Each division of Certified Training Institute makes it easy to meet Michigan renewal requirements with convenient mobile-friendly courses and all-inclusive packages, available online anytime 24/7!


Architects must complete 24-hours of HSW continuing education by October 31 every two years. Check your license to determine your deadline. The state does not require proof of education at the time of renewal, however, licensees must keep certificates for four years in the case of an audit.
*Architects that have been licensed for more than 12 months, but less than 24 by October 31, only need to obtain 12 hours of HSW continuing education.

Residential Builders & M&A Contractors

Licensed Builders and M&A Contractors are required to complete continuing education every three years by May 31st. If you have been licensed for less than 6 years you must complete 21-hours of continuing education, if you have been licensed for more than 6 years you only need to complete 3-hours of continuing education.

Real Estate Brokers & Salespersons

Real estate brokers and salespersons must complete 18-hours of continuing education by October 31, 2018, including 2-hours of legal updates each year of the 3-year renewal cycle. Real Estate Training Institute offers a Complete 18-hour Renewal Package and an Annual 6-hour Package that meets the 2-hour Legal Update requirement.


Michigan journeyman and master plumbers are required to complete a code update course within one year of code update implementation. The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs released the 2015 Michigan Plumbing Code Rules on April 20, 2017. Plumbers must complete the corresponding 5-hour code update course by April 20, 2018.

Pesticide Applicators

All applicators must complete the required continuing education and renew their licenses by December 31st every three years. Continuing education requirements differ by license type, Certified Training Institute currently offers courses for several licensing categories. Check our site for details.

Return to Blog