If you are licensed as a Michigan Real Estate Salesperson or Broker, round one of completing your required continued education is fast approaching. October 31st, 2016 is the first deadline of this 3-year licensing cycle. 6-hours of the 18-hours required continued education, must be on legal topics pertinent to the real estate industry. There are a couple of exceptions to the number of hours needed:
- If you were licensed from 7/1/12 to 10/31/13, you only need 6 hours of Con Ed, 2 of which must be in legal topics.
- If you were licensed between 11/1/13 to 10/31/14, you need 12 hours of Con Ed, 4 of which must be in legal topics.
Who offers approved Michigan Real Estate continued education?
The Real Estate Training Institute, a Michigan-based online education provider of real estate continuing education, salesperson and broker courses, has several great courses that fulfill all Real Estate Continued Education requirements. These fast, easy and informative courses can be completed in the comfort of your own home or from your phone as you wait for clients to show.
Michigan Real Estate Course Packages
Real Estate Training Institute is a licensed proprietary school in the state of Michigan offering a variety of online video continuing education and initial licensing courses. Some of the most popular courses include:
- 18-Hour course package covering Lead Paint Safety, Drone Technology, and Self Defense that includes 6 hours of legal topics.
- 6-Hour courses covering Lead Paint, Energy, and Bidding, all with 2 hours of legal topics.
- 4-Hour courses ranging from Personal Safety and Self Defense, Estimating and Bidding for Success, Drones in Real Estate, and Lead Paint Awareness.
- 2-Hour courses ranging from Property Management, Water Rights and Environmental Issues to Auction Law.
How do I prove to the state that I have completed my CEU’s?
A licensee must retain evidence acceptable to the Department that demonstrates he or she has met the CE requirements for at least 4 years after the date of that certification, and must produce that evidence at the request of the Department.