Residential building contractor and residential remodeler licenses are issued for a two-year term that always ends March 31st. March may be 2 months away but, we all know how fast deadlines sneak up on us. Builders License Training Institute (BLTI) has created a simple way for contractors to meet their required continued education credits, all from the comfort of their homes.
What are the Requirements for Minnesota Contractors?
- Complete 14 hours of state approved continued education, including 1-hr of Energy Code every 2 years.
- Continued Education courses may not be completed on the same date, nor can they be duplicates from the previous license cycle. (BLTI offers multiple approved course packages)
- Note: It is required by the State of Minnesota that time spent in each course be a minimum of 7 hours.
How do I renew my Minnesota Contractors License?
- Take 14-HRS of approved continued education
- Fill out the renewal form found here
- Submit renewal form to the state along with license fee
Builders License Training Institute offers many 7-hour continued education courses that give contractors a variety of topics to choose from. The following are just a few of the 7-HR courses that contractors can use to create a 14-HR package for their continuing education. To see our full course list click here.
- Estimating and Bidding for Success 7-HR Fully Narrated course
- This course is an introduction to the construction estimating process. The course will explain the methods of construction delivery, different types of estimates, and the tools needed by the estimator to tender a bid.
- Minnesota Construction Safety 7-HR Fully Narrated course
- This course is a review of the safety codes required for residential construction. Students will be able to understand and describe the basic components of a construction safety program. They will recognize the hazards inherent at a construction jobsite, and describe ways to prevent those hazards.
- Weatherization and Renewable Energy 7-HR Online Video
- This course will show contractors what energy efficient products are on the market for their clients in Renewable Energy. In Weatherization contractors will learn how moisture enters into the internal structural areas of a home and what procedures to use in the many tasks involved to head off these problems.
For the fastest and most economical way to complete this education visit www.licensetobuild.com or give the friendly staff a call at: