How do I renew my Minnesota real estate license?
Minnesota real estate salespeople and brokers must renew their licenses every two years by June 30th. To meet renewal requirements, you must
- Complete 30 hours of continuing education
- Pay a fee
- Salesperson: $60 + $10 technical processing fee
- Brokers: $120 +$10 technical processing fee
- Go to the Minnesota Real Estate Commission portal and renew your license be 4:30 pm central time on June 30th.
What continuing education is required to renew my Minnesota real estate license?
You must complete 30 credit hours of approved courses each 2-year cycle. Courses are broken into two 15 hour modules. Courses must include:
- 1 credit hour of Fair Housing
- 1 credit hour of Agency Law
- 1 credit hour of Residential Contracts for 2016-2017 renewal
- You cannot take the same course twice in a licensing cycle
When must my Minnesota real estate license continuing education be completed by to avoid license lapsing?
Continuing education must be completed by June 30th, however, if you wait until the last two weeks of June to complete your continuing education you risk having your license lapse as well. It takes the state time to process realtor renewals, if your renewal is not processed by July 10th your license will lapse.
Where do I find courses to renew my Minnesota real estate license?
Real Estate Training Institute offers Minnesota approved online continuing education courses to renew your license. We offer a 15-hour package and individual courses to meet requirements for your 2017 module. Individual courses are also available.
Who submits my continuing education to the state of Minnesota?
Real Estate Training Institute will submit all Minnesota resident continuing education. Nonresidents are responsible for submitting their own continuing education to the state. Continuing education certificates are available immediately after completing courses.