The real estate salesperson license continuing education requirement is 18 hours every three years, with at least 2 hours legal per calendar year (6 hours total CE per year). At least 6 of the 18 hours must cover legal updates, specifically law, rules and court cases involving real estate.
As of January 1, 2015, continuing education courses no longer require pre-approval by LARA and schools are not be required to report the hours as a condition of renewal of a real estate broker or sales-person license.
The renewal cycle for Salesperson and Broker license is every three years on October 31.
Approved Online Michigan Real Estate CE Courses
Real Estate Training Institute has created two 18-hour Michigan Real Estate continuing education course packages for Realtors: Package #1 is our most popular combination of current events and legal cases.
18-hour Course Package #1
This package consists of three 4-hour courses and three 2-hour courses.
- Drones in Real Estate: This four-hour course features the new tool Realtors are raving about for marketing and personal use, Drones.
- Self Defense: This four-hour course is designed to provide important safety tips and precautions for personal safety in the workplace.
- Lead Paint Safety: This four-hour course will explain what lead-based paint is, and why lead-paint is a problem for property owners.
- Michigan Water Rights: This two-hour course covers water law and Riparian Rights, inland lakes and streams, the Great Lakes and oceans, and state and Federal judicial systems.
- Michigan Property Management: This two-hour course will outline some of the most important aspects to keep in mind when considering expanding your business.
- Michigan Environmental Issues: This two-hour course will cover the issues that have made environmental law more and more prevalent in real estate transactions and litigation.