Personal Safety and Self Defense
This course is designed to provide important safety tips and precautions for personal safety in the workplace. This is especially true for real estate professionals as they are very often exposed to strangers, with unknown persons. It is important to understand the legal environment surrounding self-defense and the physical limitations that can be a factor for each individual. There are key “Rules of Engagement” that help those who work with the public to recognize and avoid dangerous situations. If a confrontation does occur, the instructor outlines and demonstrates the best and most practical ways to respond to and reduce potential harm. This program offers self-defense techniques from the stand-up position using easy and effective gross motor skills, to ground defense and ground avoidance (rape prevention).
This course covers 5 main topics:
- Legal Environment: Explore your legal rights, what you can and cannot do in a situation. You do have the right to defend yourself against an assault. A common sense approach to self-defense is that avoidance is one of the best ways to ensure your safety.
- Physical Limitations: Learn the 11 rules of engagement as well as what happens to our body, without our consent, when suddenly attacked. Freeze, Flight, or Fight.
- Safety Is Your Responsibility: This section covers the importance of the three R’s: Recognize, Respond, and Reduce.
- Safety and Real Estate Showings: Learn about the importance and awareness of liability for the client, the Realtor, and material items in the home.
- Self Defense Tactics: This section covers three methods of defense when force is the last resort.