ONLINE WORKER PROTECTION STANDARD COURSE
2018 Worker Protection Standard (WPS) - Agricultural Worker Training Program (Unlimited)
$399.00Add to cart
2018 Worker Protection Standard (WPS) - Agricultural Worker Training Program (25 Workers)
$159.00Add to cart
Online Georgia Pesticide Applicator Exam Prep Course
Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Exam Prep Program
$99.00Add to cart
Online Georgia Pesticide Applicator Continuing Education Courses
Do I need continuing education credits to maintain my Georgia pesticide applicators license?
Yes, private and commercial applicator licenses are valid for a five-year period. There are two options to meet continuing education requirements:
- Option 1 – Take the commercial applicator’s exam again or participate in the private applicator training again.
- Option 2 – Accumulate the required re-certification credit hours during your five-year license period.
- Private applicators need three recertification hours to renew.
- Commercial applicators need either six or ten recertification hours per licensed category to renew.
6 Credit Categories
Forest Pest Control
Aquatic Pest Control
Industrial Structure & Health
10 Credit Categories
Ornamental & Turf
What is the Georgia pesticide applicator renewal deadline?
Applicators must renew every 5-years by the anniversery of initial licenure.
All re-certification hours must be received by the Georgia Department of Agriculture Pesticide Division office 90 days prior to your license expiration. Applicator Licenses must be renewed every year.
Certified Training Institute will submit continuing education to the state of Georgia weekly.
- Step 1 – You must be at least 18 years old
- Step 2 - Complete necessary training for a license.
- Step 3 - Send training documentation to the Georgia Department of Agriculture Pesticide Division for processing, and your license will be printed and mailed to you.
- Step 4 - Call the County Agent at (404) 656-4958. They will call the Georgia Department of Agriculture Pesticide Division to obtain a temporary license number immediately once you complete the training exercise. Your temporary license will enable you to use restricted pesticides on your property or your employer’s property until your official license arrives in the mail.
- Step 1 – You must be at least 18 years old
- Step 2 - Pass the commercial applicator examination provided by the Georgia Technical Colleges. Click here for more information about our Exam Prep Course!
- Step 3 - Once you pass the $45 exam, you will need to mail a check or money order of $90 to the Georgia Department of Agriculture. You must pass the general standards examination as well as at least one major category with a score of 70%.
- Step 4 - Your license will be mailed to you within 2 weeks if all required documents and fees are submitted.
- Step 1 – You must be at least 18 years’ old
- Step 2 – You must have a valid Commercial Applicator License
- Step 3 – Obtain ‘Certification of Financial Responsibility’. The Certification of Financial Responsibility is a form of liability insurance. The certification can be obtained through most commercial insurance providers.
- Step 4 – Once insurance has been obtained complete the Georgia Pesticide Contractor License Application and send it with proof of insurance and a $55 application fee to the address on the form.
- Step 5 – Your Pesticide Applicator License will arrive in the mail within a few weeks. The license is valid for one year.
Georgia Department of Agriculture Agricultural Inputs - Pesticide Section 19 M.L.K. Jr. Drive, Room 410
Yes! All of our courses are state approved. Approval numbers are listed after the course title.
- Private Applicator License – needed to purchase, use or supervise the use of any restricted use pesticide on your property or the property of your employer while engaged in the production of an agricultural commodity.
- Commercial Applicator License – needed to purchase, use, or supervise the use of restricted-use pesticides on your property or the property of your employer while not engaged in the production of an agricultural commodity.
- Pesticide Contractor -. any individual or company that engages in the business of applying any pesticide to the lands of another and receives monetary compensation for those applications. There is no fee for Private Applicator.
A Commercial Applicator License and a Pesticide Contractor License are necessary in order to provide pesticide applications of any kind to the property of another person if you will be collecting a fee for the application.
The State of Georgia currently has 18 categories and subcategories for pesticide licensing. Applicators holding a commercial license will need to pass the core exam along with at least one of these specialties. Click here for a description of each classification.
Category 10 - Private Applicators
Category 21 - Agricultural Plant Pest Control
Category 22 - Agricultural Animal Pest Control
Category 23 - Forest Pest Control
Category 24 - Ornamental and Turf Pest Control
Category 25 - Seed Treatment
Category 26 - Aquatic Pest Control
Category 27 - Right-of-Way Pest Control
Category 31 - Public Health Pest Control – Government Employees
Category 32 - Regulatory Pest Control
Category 33 - Demonstration and Research Pest Control
Category 34 - Arial Methods
Category 35 - Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Health-Related Pest Control
Category 36 - Wood Treatment
Category 37 - Antimicrobial Pest Control
Category 38 - Agricultural Commodity Fumigation
Category 40 - Worker Protection Standard
Category 41 - Commercial Mosquito Control
Yes! Georgia’s reciprocal agreement with other states allows for Georgia licenses to be renewed based on your satisfying the other state’s re-certification requirements. It is your responsibility to notify the State of Georgia within 90 days of the expiration of your license if these requirements are met. The Georgia Department of Agriculture Pesticide Program reciprocates Commercial Pesticide Licenses with states with an EPA pesticide program if the license category concurs with the State of Georgia.
Pesticide Applicator Training
We offer the best in Online Pesticide Education providing CEUs approved by the Georgia Department of Agriculture Pesticide Program. Our instructor-led video courses are fast, easy, affordable and meet state licensing requirements. We offer the following continuing education courses in full HD video, and they are available when you are!
Need to obtain your applicator's license? Check out our Pesticide Applicator Core Exam Prep Course!