Cultural Practices for Turf Management
Turf responds best to consistent cultural practices – mowing, irrigating, and fertilizing. A consistent mowing height that is appropriate for the variety of turf, good irrigation, and proper fertilization will result in a healthy vigorous turf that will be enjoyed for years.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss adverse turf conditions and how to correct them
- Recognize common turf problems and how to remedy them
- Tailor a management strategy that addresses the unique needs of turfgrass
Lesson 1 – Requirements for a Healthy Turf
- Inappropriate growing conditions
- Soil Structure
- Soil pH
Lesson 2 – Establishing Turf
- Grass Plant Selection
- Planting Procedures
- Maintaining Turf
- Special Considerations for Shade
Customer service representatives are available to assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.