Euthanasia & Carcass Disposal: Methods & Pitfalls | Arizona Approval #20228
Euthanasia & Carcass Disposal:
Methods & Pitfalls
This topic, while not often talked about, is something that everyone in wildlife control has to deal with. It is one of those unmentionables, but we need to talk about it in detail because it’s something you’re going to need to encounter if you’re going to be a full-fledged wildlife control operator. This course will cover methods for euthanizing animals, ways to dispose of the deceased animal, and pitfalls to avoid to maintain public relations and appearance.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Define humane dispatch.
- Discuss options available for euthanizing an animal.
- Describe the various types of lethal sets available and when best to use each one.
- You Caught the Animal, Now What?
- What are the Options?
- Animal Health
- Supportive Care
- Euthanasia Techniques as Governed by the AVMA
- Cervical Dislocation
- ?Thoracic Compression
- Blunt Force Strike to Skull
- ??Acronyms and Terms
- Legal Limits
- ?Permissible Exposure Limit
- Short Term Exposure Limit
- Time Weighted Average
- Ceiling Limit
- ?Recommended Limits
- ?Recommended Exposure Limits
- Threshold Limit Value
- ?Carbon Monoxide
- Carbon Dioxide
- Entities that Ban Carbon Dioxide
- Euthanasia vs Humane Dispatch
- Lethal Sets (Humane Dispatch)
- ?Drowning Sets
- Lethal Kill Box
- Conibear-Style Traps
- ?Carcass Disposal
- Surface Disposal
- Other Means
- Disposal Principles
- Customer Relations: Heart and Mind
- Cruelty Laws
- Consider Your Animal Handling Protocols
Customer service representatives are available to assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.