CA/S PS Federal Pesticide Laws 1 HR CE #O-0069-21 / #9394 (g,l)
Federal Pesticide Laws
Pesticides are hazardous substances that can cause serious harm if used improperly. Pesticides are regulated to utilize their benefits while protecting public health and welfare and preventing harm to the environment. Federal and state pesticide laws and regulations control the labeling, sale and distribution, storage, transportation, use, and disposal in the best public interest. This course addresses the requirements set forth by federal regulations. Pesticide applicators are responsible for learning about and complying with all regulations.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Be able to describe and integrate important regulatory requirements related to labeling, hazard management, environmental issues, and application procedures.
- Distinguish between restricted-use and general-use pesticide classifications.
- Explain the importance of maintaining accurate records of pesticide application and employee training.
Chapter 1 – Federal Pesticide Laws
- The Need for Regulation
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
- Pesticide Registration
- Pesticide Reregistration
- Violations and Federal Penalties
- Federal Pesticide Regulations under FIFRA
- Other Federal Laws
- Federal Recordkeeping Requirements
Customer service representatives are available to assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.