IPM for Ornamental Plant Pest Management | Delaware DoA Approved
IPM for Ornamental Plant Pest Management
Integrated Pest Management of ornamental plants involves multiple steps; producing a healthy plant, correctly identifying the problem, recognizing that there will always be some pests and damage, and only using pesticides as a last resort. This course teaches the basics of pest and disease management for ornamental plants, and the different tools and techniques needed to successfully provide your clients with a healthy and attractive landscape.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss several ways to track pest development
- Outline the issues involved in controlling pests and disease in managed landscape situations
- Tailor a management strategy that addresses the unique needs of each ornamental planting
- Produce healthy plants
- Correctly identify the problem
- Understand that there will be pests and some damage
- Pesticide use is the last line of defense, not the first
- IPM – Detection and Monitoring
- Diagnosing and identifying ornamental injury and causes
- Evaluating economic significance
- Select management tactics
- Select management tactics (cont.)
- Record keeping and evaluation
Customer service representatives are available to assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.