Ornamental Pesticide Application Equipment and Calibration
This course is approved for 1 CEU in the following categories:
Maximum CEUs earned: 1
When pesticide applications become necessary for good ornamental plant management it's important to understand how application equipment works and how to properly calibrate the equipment. An accurate measurement of the area to be treated or the number of plants to be treated and properly calibrated equipment are critical to successful control of the pest as well as staying within label requirements. This course will discuss the most common types of equipment used for pesticide applications on ornamental plants, the way to calculate the volume of solution needed, and how to properly calculate the flow rate of the equipment.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the different types of equipment used in pesticide applications
- Accurately calculate the square footage of irregular areas
- Accurately calibrate common application equipment
Lesson 1 – Application Equipment
- Types of pesticide applications
- Dilute pesticide solutions
- Trunk injections
- Soil applications
- Granular applications
- Application equipment
- Manual application equipment
- Power sprayers
- Granular spreaders
- Protecting against equipment failure
- Mechanical equipment safety checklist
Lesson 2 – Calibration and Application Calculations
- What is calibration?
- Application calculations
- Calibrating by volume
- Percent solutions
- Spray guns
- Treatment area
- Calculating by area for liquid spray
- Calculating by area for granular applicators
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 8am and 6pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.