Zika and Other Mosquito-Borne Diseases
This course is approved for 1 CEU in the following categories:
- Limited Structural
- Commercial General Household Pest Control
- Public Health
Maximum CEUs earned: 1
This course brings to light an up-and-coming issue within the United States and an issue that has been on-going across the world. Many mosquito-borne diseases are specified within the course, with an emphasis on the Zika Virus. Zika's extent, side effects, testing and diagnostics are detailed along with protection and reduction techniques of mosquitoes to minimize the transmission of mosquito-borne diseases.
After completing this course participants will thoroughly understand:
- Implement methods to reduce mosquito populations.
- The zika virus, how it is contracted, what effect it has on the human body, testing and diagnostics, and what the congress is doing to aid in its prevention.
- What can be done to prevent and control mosquitoes personally and from the source.
Lesson 1 – Biology of Mosquitoes
- Treatment Options
Lesson 2 – Mosquito-Borne Diseases
- What is Zika?
- Zika Symptoms
- Zika Extent
- How Zika is Transmitted
- Zika and Pregnancy
- Zika Testing and Diagnostics
- Mosquito Vectors of Zika
What Can Be Done About Mosquitoes? Personal Protection
- Source Reduction
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.