Cultural Practices for Turf Management
Turf responds best to consistent cultural practices – mowing, irrigating, and fertilizing. A consistent mowing height that is appropriate for the variety of turf, good irrigation, and proper fertilization will result in a healthy vigorous turf that will be enjoyed for years.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss adverse turf conditions and how to correct them
- Recognize common turf problems and how to remedy them
- Tailor a management strategy that addresses the unique needs of turfgrass
Lesson 1 – Requirements for a Healthy Turf
- Inappropriate growing conditions
- Soil Structure
- Soil pH
Lesson 2 – Establishing Turf
- Grass Plant Selection
- Planting Procedures
- Maintaining Turf
- Special Considerations for Shade
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.