Mice: The Ubiquitous Commensal Rodent
One of the challenges with house mice is that clients don't take house mice seriously. It's amazing how people will move heaven and earth when rats are around, but when it comes to mice they will simply say "oh, it's just a mouse!" This course will help educate applicators on the risks of allowing house mice to remain in a structure.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Identify preferred habitats of mice
- Describe several IPM methods for controlling mice
- Describe the differences in mouse traps and outline which trap is best in a given situation
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of using rodenticides
- Mouse Damage
- ?Disease vectors
- Stored agricultural production
- ?Mouse Biology and Behavior
- Home range
- Physical abilities
- Inspection (cont.)
- ?Mouse nests
- ?Mouse Droppings vs Bat Droppings
- Integrated Pest Management
- Remove their homes
- Modify bird feeders
- Prevent entry
- Rodent Responses to Control
- Control Methods
- Trapping Safety
- ?Trigger traps
- ?Glue boards
- Placing traps
- Evaluating misfires
- Checking catch
- Personal Safety?
- Rodent Control Safety
- ?How to Fail in Rodent Control
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 8am and 6pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.