IPM for Turf Management
Integrated Pest Management of turfgrasses involves multiple steps; producing a healthy plant, correctly identifying the problem, recognizing that there will always be some pests and damage, and only using pesticides as a last resort. This course teaches the basics of pest and disease management for turfgrass, and the different tools and techniques needed to successfully provide your clients with a healthy and attractive turf stand.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the settings and ecosystems of a turf stand
- Gain an understanding of the issues involved in controlling pests and disease in managed turfgrass
- Tailor a management strategy that addresses the unique needs of turfgrass
Lesson 1 – Basic Principles for Managing Common Turfgrass Pests
- Produce healthy plants
- Correctly identify the problem
- Understand that there will be pests and some damage
- Pesticide use is the last line of defense, not the first
- IPM – Detection and Monitoring
Lesson 2 – Integrated Pest Management
- Diagnosing and identifying turfgrass injury and causes
- Evaluating economic significance
- Select management tactics
Lesson 3 – Integrated Pest Management
- Select management tactics (cont.)
- Record keeping and evaluation
Customer service representatives are available to assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.