IPM for Ornamental Plant Pest Management
Integrated Pest Management of ornamental plants involves multiple steps; producing a healthy plant, correctly identifying the problem, recognizing that there will always be some pests and damage, and only using pesticides as a last resort. This course teaches the basics of pest and disease management for ornamental plants, and the different tools and techniques needed to successfully provide your clients with a healthy and attractive landscape.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss several ways to track pest development
- Outline the issues involved in controlling pests and disease in managed landscape situations
- Tailor a management strategy that addresses the unique needs of each ornamental planting
- Produce healthy plants
- Correctly identify the problem
- Understand that there will be pests and some damage
- Pesticide use is the last line of defense, not the first
- IPM – Detection and Monitoring
- Diagnosing and identifying ornamental injury and causes
- Evaluating economic significance
- Select management tactics
- Select management tactics (cont.)
- Record keeping and evaluation
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 6pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.