in Enclosed Spaces
Disease management in an enclosed space poses a unique set of issues that must be addressed when controlling pests and disease. Safety for personnel is a key issue as well, as exposure to pesticides is increased. This course teaches the basics of pest and disease management in this unique space, and the different tools and techniques needed to successfully control the environment.
After completing this course in its entirety, participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the issues involved in controlling pests and disease in an enclosed space.
- Tailor a management strategy that addresses the unique needs of an enclosed space environment.
- Enclosed Space Production
- Greenhouse Environment
- Plant Systems
- Pathogen Growth
- Microbial Growth
- Organic Matter
- Chemical Disinfestants
- Demand Loads
- Chemical Groups
- Rate Calculations
- Managing TSWV
- Organic Matter Substrate
- Contaminated Hoses
- Examine Roots, Leaves, Flowers
- Reducing Favorable Disease Conditions
- Environmental Modifications
- Cultural Modifications
- Root Rot
- Foliar Disease
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to [email protected] Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Privacy and Refund Policy).