Pest Identification: Corn, Soybean, and Grain Sorghum | Nevada Approval #NV-21-030
Instructors: Keiton Croom, John North, Brittany Lipsey
Corn Insect Pests. This course goes over in detail the many insects that threaten corn yield. Each species is identified according to various stages of maturity, the signs and symptoms exhibited, and the type of biological, cultural or chemical control recommended for each.
Soybean Insect Pests. This course details the various types of insects that affect soybeans, including early-season insect pests, stem and petiole feeders, and defoliators. Treatment and control strategies for specified insects within these groups are detailed throughout this lesson.
Grain Sorghum Insect Pests. Sorghum represents a large portion of the U.S. export industry. It is a versatile crop that is used as a grain, forage, or sweet crop. It is subject to infestation by a variety of insect pests. Good production practices can help reduce infestation when sampled regularly from emergence to maturity. This course will outline how to manage these pests in a timely and efficient way.
Course attendants will learn specifics on:
- The major pests currently affecting corn crops in the United States today.
- How to develop strategies to manage and control corn insect pests.
- Early season insect pests: how to recognize, control and prevent
- Multiple soybean fruit and pod feeders, the extent of damage each causes, and prevention techniques
- Identify the different groups of grain sorghum pests and which insects within those groups are most harmful.
- Identify the vegetative and grain-filling stages of plant growth.
Customer service representatives are available to assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.