IPM for Turf Management
Integrated Pest Management of turfgrasses involves multiple steps; producing a healthy plant, correctly identifying the problem, recognizing that there will always be some pests and damage, and only using pesticides as a last resort. This course teaches the basics of pest and disease management for turfgrass, and the different tools and techniques needed to successfully provide your clients with a healthy and attractive turf stand.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the settings and ecosystems of a turf stand
- Gain an understanding of the issues involved in controlling pests and disease in managed turfgrass
- Tailor a management strategy that addresses the unique needs of turfgrass
Lesson 1 – Basic Principles for Managing Common Turfgrass Pests
- ?Produce healthy plants
- Correctly identify the problem
- Understand that there will be pests and some damage
- Pesticide use is the last line of defense, not the first
- ?IPM – Detection and Monitoring
Lesson 2 – Integrated Pest Management
- ?Diagnosing and identifying turfgrass injury and causes
- Evaluating economic significance
- Select management tactics
Lesson 3 – Integrated Pest Management
- ?Select management tactics (cont.)
- Record keeping and evaluation
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.