OK PLANNING THE PESTICIDE APPLICATION #OK-17-008
Planning is essential before beginning a pesticide application. To help plan, you should know how to:
• Select the right pesticide for the job.
• Review the label.
• Test for pesticide compatibility before mixing.
• Choose what personal protective equipment to wear.
• Transfer pesticides safely.
• Clean up after an application.
Careful planning and consideration of all details is the hallmark of professionalism.
After completing this course in its entirety, participants will be able to:
- Explain how to select appropriate pesticides and additives (if needed).
- Follow the label for safe mixing and loading.
- State some basic procedures that ensure the correct application of pesticides.