5 Hour | Online HD Video | Approved for 10 Credits
- 4 Hour Vertebrate Structural Pest Control and ID – 8 Credits
- 1 Hour Zika and Other Mosquito-Borne Diseases – 2 Credits
VERTEBRATE STRUCTURAL PEST CONTROL and ID
Wildlife damage inspection is a complex area. The information that follows is designed to focus ONLY on the fundamentals. This is not a book about running your business. It is a technical guide to educate readers about the process and interpretation of sign left by vertebrate animals in human-impacted environments. More information could have been added but would have cluttered the text with minutia only useful in extremely marginal situations.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Become confident in the identification of various vertebrate species based on habitat, routes of entry, scat and track information.
- Understand and evaluate the physical, biological and legal risks involved in the inspection process.
- Outline the different types equipment and PPE used in the inspection industry.
Chapter 1 – Getting Started
- Know the Wildlife in the Area
Chapter 2 – Risks Involved and Phone Inspections
- Evaluating Risk: Physical, Biological and Legal
- Phone Inspections: Information from Clients
- Structural vs. Non-Structural Damage
Chapter 3 – On-Site Inspections
- Systematic Inspection: Indoors and Out
Chapter 4 – Difficult Jobs and Damage Done
- Traps, Glueboards, Track Traps, Cameras
- Damage According to Time of Year
- Landscape and Garden Damage
Chapter 5 – Scat Identification and Eyeshine
Chapter 6 – Vertebrate Species
- Eastern Chipmunks
- Gray and Fox Squirrels
- House Mice
- House Sparrows
- Norway Rats
- Red Squirrels
- Striped Skunks
Zika and Other Mosquito-Borne Diseases
This course brings to light an up-and-coming issue within the United States and an issue that has been on-going across the world. Many mosquito-borne diseases are specified within the course, with an emphasis on the Zika Virus. Zika’s extent, side effects, testing and diagnostics are detailed along with protection and reduction techniques of mosquitoes to minimize the transmission of mosquito-borne diseases.
After completing this course participants will thoroughly understand:
- Implement methods to reduce mosquito populations.
- The zika virus, how it is contracted, what effect it has on the human body, testing and diagnostics, and what the congress is doing to aid in its prevention.
- What can be done to prevent and control mosquitoes personally and from the source.
Lesson 1 – Biology of Mosquitoes
- Treatment Options
Lesson 2 – Mosquito-Borne Diseases
- What is Zika?
- Zika Symptoms
- Zika Extent
- How Zika is Transmitted
- Zika and Pregnancy
- Zika Testing and Diagnostics
- Mosquito Vectors of Zika
What Can Be Done About Mosquitoes? Personal Protection
- Source Reduction
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.