Tennessee Category 11 Commercial Applicator Bundle - Wood Preservatives Part 1
This course bundle is designed for the Tennessee Wood Preservatives and Pest Control Commercial Applicator (C11). The course bundle contains 5 points of training approved by the Tennessee Department of Agriculture. These courses are approved for external training and must be completed on business days between 8am and 8pm Eastern. Click on course details for a list of specific courses.
- Wood Treatment – 6 points
- Respiratory Protection – 1 point
Wood is the most renewable resource, and the extraction and processing of wood products take far less energy, carbon, and water than other raw materials. To use wood as a structural material for various demands, such as utility poles, fence posts, marine pilings, lumber, timbers, and plywood, the wood must be properly treated with chemicals to protect the wood from pests. This practice is known as wood treatment.
After completing this course users will be able to:
- Outline strategies for wood treatment systems and practices.
- Operate and properly adhere to regulations concerning the use of Restricted-Use Pesticides.
- Identify common pests of wood, including insects, fungi, and marine-borers.
Respirators protect workers against insufficient oxygen environments, harmful dusts, fogs, smokes, mists, gases, vapors, and sprays. These hazards may cause cancer, lung impairment, diseases, or death. Some pesticide labels require the use of a respirator as part of the personal protective equipment. This course outlines the types of respirators available, proper fit, and inspection/maintenance requirements.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss the different types of respirators and when to use each type
- Describe the steps of a successful fit test
- Outline the necessary care and maintenance required for each type of respirator
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.