PLANNING THE PESTICIDE APPLICATION
Planning is essential before beginning a pesticide application. To help plan, you should know how to:
• Select the right pesticide for the job.
• Review the label.
• Test for pesticide compatibility before mixing.
• Choose what personal protective equipment to wear.
• Transfer pesticides safely.
• Clean up after an application.
Careful planning and consideration of all details is the hallmark of professionalism.
After completing this course in its entirety, participants will be able to:
- Explain how to select appropriate pesticides and additives (if needed).
- Follow the label for safe mixing and loading.
- State some basic procedures that ensure the correct application of pesticides.
Planning the Pesticide Application
Selecting the Pesticide
Reviewing the Pesticide Label
Determining Pesticide Compatibility
Following Safe Mixing and Loading Practices
Cleaning and Disposing of Pesticide Containers
Applying Pesticides Correctly/PPE
Cleaning up after Mixing, Loading, and Application
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Privacy and Refund Policy).