What is the Worker Protection Standard?
Worker Protection Standard (WPS) aims to reduce the risk of pesticide poisoning and injury among agricultural workers and pesticide handlers. Under Worker Protection Standard, all employers are required to:
- Formally train both workers and handlers yearly
- Provide documentation of training to employees
- Keep and maintain training records
- Use EPA-approved materials
Who is covered by Worker Protection Standard?
Most establishments covered by the WPS are crop producing such as farms, forest operations or nurseries. WPS also covers family owned agricultural operations even if only family members handle and work around pesticides. In short, WPS applies to any company that grows, maintains or produces agricultural plants. Click here for a more in-depth description.
Where do I find courses to meet the Worker Protection Standard Requirements?
Certified Training Institute has developed an online video course that meets all EPA’s requirements. The Worker Protection Standards course will contain two lesson sets, one for handlers and one for workers. The course will be available to you and your staff 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
How does it work?
- $159 will train workers and handlers for a year
- You provide employee names for certification
- Employees can watch the video course individually or all at once
- Certificates will be available for each student at the end of the course
For questions about the Worker Protection Standards Course visit our website, call 800-727-7104, or email email@example.com.