How do you reach potential customers? Homeowners and businesses are not apt to look at a phone book or printed directory anymore. Instead, most people turn to Google or social media when searching for a service provider. A Google listing is effective in getting your name out there but a social media presence can help you stand out from the competition. Here are a few helpful hints for getting your social media up and running.
- Post for your customers. A rooky mistake that many professionals make is posting content that is not easily understood by the laymen. So, make sure you leave any technical plumbing terms out of your posts. You want it to feel easily accessible and comfortable to every potential client.
- Post quality content. Give customers a reason to follow your page. Post information that is useful to them. For example, posting helpful tips for keeping plumbing in working order is a good way to build trust with a client and be their first call when something goes wrong.
- Post often. The only thing worse than having no social media presence is having a page without recent posts. Many customers assume a company is out of business if they do not have recent posts on their social media pages.
- Respond to customers. Starting a conversation is a great way to build a relationship with potential customers. Even if someone is combative in their response to your post try to diffuse the situation and thank them for their feedback.
- Share your success stories. If you've tackled a particularly difficult plumbing issue ask the customers permission to document it on your social media. If you've recently completed a Code Update or passed an exam to advance your license share it on your social media. These success stories help you relate to clients and stand out from your competition.