If you plan to take your Contractor License Exam in February, be sure to plan accordingly. PSI will not be offering the Oregon contractors licensing exam between February 21st and February 28th because of an update to their testing system. This update will allow test takers to toggle between the English and Spanish version of the test, and will help students who speak Spanish as their primary language and English as a second language to have the best chance of passing the exam.
Here are the steps you will need to take to get your contractor’s license in Oregon.
- Complete a State-approved 16-hour exam prep course
- Register with PSI to take the Construction Contractor exam.
- File your assumed business name, corporation, or LLC at the Oregon Corporation Division
- Obtain and submit a CCB surety bond in the required amount.
- Obtain general liability insurance in the required amount.
- Provide evidence of worker’s compensation and other employer account numbers if applicable.
- Apply for and get the State BIN (Business Identification Number) number from the
Oregon Department of Revenue and write it on the application.
- Apply for and get the Federal EIN from the IRS. Do not substitute a Social Security Number
for the EIN number.
- Submit a completed CCB application with the $325.
Application can be obtained from:
Oregon Construction Contractors Board0
P.O. Box 14140
Salem, OR 97309
Phone: (503) 378-4621
Be sure to select a Contractor License Exam Preparation course that is fully approved and has a proven track record of successful passes. Choosing a course that comes in both text and narration fashion allows you to not only read and take sample exams, but to listen to the content as you drive or relax.
Good luck and keep on contracting.
The Alabama Home Builders License Exam now consists of two parts:
To obtain a State of Alabama Home Builders License, you must pass both exams. You can take them together or individually, but the cost for each part is $80. Exam preparation courses are available for each part and they can also be purchased together.
Home Builder Business and Law Exam Prep Course
This course will prepare students for the Business and Law portion of the exam and is based on the relevant chapters found in the Alabama NASCLA Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management, Residential Construction, 3rd Edition (as outlined in the ProV Candidate Bulletin.)
Home Builder Skills Exams Prep Course
This course will prepare students for the Skill Exam portion of the exam (as outlined in the ProV Candidate Bulletin.) Many of the lessons have video presentations to supplement the text material.
The Home Builders Licensure Board exam is given by a NEW TEST COMPANY as of January 1, 2017. The test used to be hosted by PSI and is now through ProV. Download your copy of the State of Alabama Home Builders Licensing Board Examinations Candidate Information Bulletin.
For full course details visit https://www.licensetobuild.com/alabama/
Available online, 24/7, our courses are fast, easy, and affordable. Available from any computer or mobile device!