How do I renew my Texas pest control certification?
- Complete the required continuing education
- Certified applicators - 2 CEUs in general training and 1 CEU in each certified category.
- Technicians - 8 CEUs of verifiable training each year.
- TDA will send out renewal forms 45 days prior to renewal.
How long is my Texas pest control certification valid?
One year. Your certification expires when your employer's business license expires. You must complete continuing education by December 31st the year previous to expiration. For example, if your certification expires April 2021, you must complete continuing education by December 31st, 2020.
What are the continuing education requirements for Texas pest control professionals?
Certified applicators must complete 2 credits in general training and 1 credit in each category in which the applicator is certified. Of the 2 general training units required for recertification, at least 1 must be in federal & state laws, pesticide safety, environmental protection, or integrated pest management. The other may be in any general topic.
You may complete your continuing education online every other year.
Where can I find Texas-approved pest control continuing education courses?
Certified Training Institute provides online continuing education approved by the Texas Department of Agriculture
Who submits my Texas pest control continuing education?
Upon completion of your course(s), Certified Training Institute will submit your completed credits to the state for you.
Is there a grace period for renewing my Texas pest control certification?
Applicators who fail to renew their license by their expiration date will incur a late fee.
- 90 days or less – Licenses that are overdue 90 days or less will incur a 50% late fee.
- 90 days or more – Licenses that are overdue 100 days or more will incur a late fee of 100% the renewal fee.
ONLINE TEXAS EXAM PREP & CONTINUING EDUCATION
HD VIDEO | MOBILE FRIENDLY | AVAILABLE 24/7