What is the NFPA 70E?
The standard NFPA 70E was developed by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) at the request of OSHA. The 70E covers electrical safety requirements in the workplace for employees. The National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) and the National Electrical Code (NEC) also required subparts of the NFPA 70E.
Electrical Codes and Standards Training Institute (ECSTI) has collaborated with the Stallcup’s to create a hands on, illustrated course series based on the 70E code changes. The goal in creating this course is to make the rules and regulations easy to understand and enforce in any safety training and workplace.
- Designers must design and layout electrical systems to meet the provision of the OSHA standards.
- Installers are required to install and wire electrical systems to comply with the NEC and provide safety for the employee working in his or her workplace.
- Inspectors must inspect the electrical system to ensure that it not only complies with the NEC, but also provides the necessary safety requirements of OSHA and NFPA 70E.
The Stallcup’s 2015 NFPA 70E code book and interactive series course will provide electricians with the most recent updates on the revisions that have taken place. This course will give electricians a jump start on the information they need in order to interpret and apply some of the changes required by OSHA.
In their course the Stallcup’s give the appropriate reasons for revisions and new articles are given, along with what kind of impact such changes will have on:
For every proposal made for a change, there was a reason, this course and book series will provide the reasons why the changes were made.
Instructor Package and Employee Benefits
- Topics That Apply to Your Team – You can control the topics covered in training, making sure your team is given the information they need to make you jobs run smoother.
- Higher Quality Instruction – You can guarantee that your team is receiving the highest quality instruction from qualified instructors and authors.
- Easily Track and Organize Information – Keeping track of your employees training, state requirements, safety meetings, and certificates is simple and easy.
- On The Job Resources – Providing your employees with a constantly updated and mobile friendly electrical library of the highest quality reference books will boost productivity. Information and standards can be quickly referenced on the job from any mobile device, and then shared with co-workers or inspectors.
- Employee Development – Providing a path for career growth through employee training and professional development will improve your company’s recruiting package and make it easier to recruit and retain top talent.