State Licensing Contact Information

Phone: (775) 353-3601

Fax: (775) 353-3661

Web: Nevada Department of Agriculture

What pesticide application activities require a license in Nevada?

The NDA requires that RUP applicators and supervisors must hold a license.

What classifications of applicators licensing does Nevada have?

Principal Applicator

Operator Applicator

What are the categories for pesticide licensing in Nevada?

(A1) Insect Pests
(A2) Weeds
(A3) Desiccants and Defoliants
(A4) Fungi Pests
Agricultural Ground
(B1) Insect Pests
(B2) Weeds
(B3) Desiccants and Defoliants
(B4) Fungi Pests
(B5) Vertebrate Pests
Urban and Structural
(C1) Limited Landscape

(C2) Industrial and Institutional
(C3) Structural
(C4) Fumigation
(C5) Aquatic
(C6) Weeds
(C7) Preservation of Wood
Governmental Agency
(D1) Agricultural Plant

(D2) Rangeland and Forest
(D3) Ornamental, Turf, Nursery, Greenhouse, and Interior Landscape
(D4) Seed Treatment
(D5) Aquatic and Mosquito
(D6) Right-of-Way
(D7) General Pest Control, Industrial, and Institutional
(D8) Wood-Destroying Insects
(D9) Wildlife Control
(D10) Fumigation and Pest Control
(D10A) Commodity Fumigation
(D10B) Rodent Burrow Fumigation
(D10C) Soil Fumigation
(D11) Regulatory
(D12) Sewer Line Root Control
(D13) Public Health
(D14) Predatory Pest Control

Does my company need a separate Nevada pesticide applicator certification?


Do all of my employees need their own Nevada pesticide applicator certification?


Do I need a Nevada pesticide applicator certification to apply general use pesticides for hire?


Does the state of Nevada offer pesticide applicator reciprocity with other states?



How do I become a certified pesticide applicator in Nevada?


  1. Primary Principal
    1. Experience/Qualifications
    2. Fingerprints (valid for 90 days from notice of eligibility)
    3. Principal Test Application
    4. Testing
  2. Business License Application
  3. Operator License Application – Primary Principal
  4. Nevada Certificate of Insurance

Click here for more information


  1. Complete application and pay fee
  2. Take core and category exams

Who administers the Nevada pesticide applicator exam?

Nevada Department of Agriculture

Where can I find reference materials for the Pesticide Exam?



Is the Pesticide Exam open book?


What happens if I fail an exam?

All applicants who fail to pass a section of an examination may be retested upon the expiration of the following minimum waiting periods:
     Operator, consultant, demonstration and research specialist, agent - 7 days
     Principal - 10 days

Only the failed exam has to be re-taken.

What fees are associated with Pesticide Applicator Certification


Exam Fees: $50 for Core exam + $50 for each additional category

License Fees: $250.00 for business license + $50 for primary or principal applicator


Exam Fees: $50 for Core exam + $50 for each additional category

License Fees: $50

Renewal Fees: $50


What continuing education is required to renew a Pesticide Applicator’s Certification?

Principals: 6 CEU’s related to the categories of pest control they perform each year, which must include one unit covering pest control laws.

Operators: 6 CEU’s related to the categories of pest control they perform each year.

Are your Pesticide Applicator’s continuing education courses Nevada state-approved?


How long is my Pesticide Applicator’s Certification valid?

1 year

My Pesticide Applicator Certification expired, how do I get it reinstated?

You must retest and complete a new application.

When does my license expire?

Every year on December 31st.


What is a Certified Crop Adviser (CCA)?

The CCA certification was established by the American Society of Agronomy in 1992 to provide a benchmark for practicing agronomy professionals in the United States and Canada.

Who should become a Certified Crop Adviser?

Any adviser/consultant that spends the majority of their time advising growers or farm managers/operators on agronomic practices and can meet the standards of the program. Being certified adds credibility and shows that you are serious about what you do.

How do I become a Certified Crop Adviser?

  1. Pass two exams (International and Local Board)
  2. Meet the experience requirements
  3. Apply for the CCA Credential

What are the minimum experience requirements for becoming a Certified Crop Adviser?

  • Have at least two years of experience with at least a Bachelor of Science Degree in an agronomy related field
    (Please keep in mind that University degrees and transcripts must be in English and based on the United States educational standard. If you need assistance in the translation process, you may use Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. or World Education Services)
    *The number of CCAs with at least a Bachelor of Science Degree is greater than 70%

  • Have at least three years of experience with an Associates Degree in an agronomy related field
  • Have at least four years of experience with no degree

How do I apply to become a Certified Crop Adviser?

  1. Document education and crop advising experience (Including transcripts and supporting references)
  2. Sign and agree to uphold the CCA Code of Ethics (Included in application)

Once I become a Certified Crop Adviser, how do I maintain my certification?

  1. Earn 40 hours of continuing education units every 2 years
  2. Pay an annual renewal fee

Are your continuing education courses approved for CCA CEU Credit by the American Society of Agronomy?

Yes, many of our courses are approved by the American Society of Agronomy Board. On the state pages, the approved courses description will say “Approved for Certified Crop Adviser Credit”.

As a Certified Crop Adviser, am I required to take continuing education units in certain areas or topics?

Yes, the continuing education units you complete must fall within certain topic guidelines. The topic breakdown is as follows:

In each two year cycle, a CCA must complete a minimum of 5 CEUs in each of the 4 categories. The categories are Nutrient Management, Soil and Water Management, Pest Management, and Crop Management.

At least 20 of the 40 total CEUs must be board approved.

Can I use your courses for credit for CCA continuing education requirements as well as my state licensing re-certification requirements?

Yes, absolutely! Any course that is approved for Certified Crop Adviser Credit can also be used for state pesticide applicator continuing education credits.