Online New Jersey Pesticide Applicator Exam Prep Course
Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Exam Prep Program
This course is intended as a study guide for preparing to take the Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Exam administered by your state, tribe, territory, or federal department/agency. Passing the core exam is essential to becoming a certified applicator. This certification course benefits both you and the general public. By learning how to handle pesticides correctly, you will be able to protect yourself, others, and the environment from pesticide misuse.
Video Course Details
$99.00Add to cart
Online New Jersey Pesticide Applicator Continuing Education Courses
How do I get my New Jersey pesticide applicator's license?
Commercial Pesticide Applicator License
- Step 1 – You must be 18 years or older
- Step 2 – Submit proof of completion of a Department approved Basic Pesticide Training Course.
- Step 3 – Complete Core Application Exam application form.
- Step 4 – Complete 40 hours of on-the-job training
- Step 5 – Pass Core Exam and one or more Category exams. Click here for information on our Exam Prep Course!
Private Pesticide Applicator License –
- Step 1 – You must be 18 years or older
- Step 2 – Complete Private exam application
- Step 3 – Complete the Private Pesticide Training manual
- Step 4 – Pass the Private Pesticide Exam. Click here for information on our Exam Prep Course!
Do I need continuing education credits to maintain my New Jersey pesticide applicators license?
All applicators must renew their licenses after 5 years by October 31st with a $25 fee. Individuals looking to recertify can
- Complete the original certification process
- Participate in continuing Education
- Commercial Applicators require 8 units (one unit is 30 minutes of instruction time) of Core subject matter and 16 units for each Category
- Private Applicators require - 8 units (one unit is 30 minutes of instruction time) of Core subject matter and 16 units of credit in Private Part 2
Renewal Cycle: 5 years
Renewal Deadline: October 31st
Who submits my continuing education to the state?
You will submit your continuing education certificates to the state.
Yes! All of our courses are state approved. Approval numbers are listed after the course title.
The New Jersey Department of Agriculture recognizes the following classification of applicator licensing:
- Commercial Applicator – Individuals who use any pesticide for hire.
- Private Applicator – Individuals who use or supervise the use of restricted-use pesticides for agriculture on property owned or rented by the individual or the individual’s employer.
The State of New Jersey currently has 28 categories and subcategories for pesticide licensing. Applicators holding a commercial license will need to pass the core exam along with at least one of these specialties. Click here for a description of each classification.
Category 1A – Plant
Category 1B – Animals
Category 2 – Forest pest control
Category 3A – Ornamental
Category 3B – Turf
Category 3C- Interior plant scaping
Category 4 – Seed treatment
Category 5 – Aquatic pest control
Category 6A – General vegetation management
Category 6B – Right of Way
Category 7A – General and household pest control
Category 7B – Termites & other wood destroying insects
Category 7C – Fumigation pest control
Category 7D- Food manufacturing and processing
Category 7E – Wood preserving pest control
Category 7F – Antifoulants
Category 8A – General Public Health
Category 8B – Mosquito Control
Category 8C – Campground pest control
Category 8D – Cooling water pest control
Category 8E – Sewer root control
Category 8F – Pet grooming
Category 9 – Regulatory pest control
Category 10 – Demo & Research
Category 11 – Aerial pest control
Category 12A – Water sanitation
Category 12B – Sterilization
Category 13 – School IPM
New Jersey offers reciprocity on a case-by-case basis after going through the reciprocal license application process.
Here is short preview from the Pesticide Labeling course.
Pesticide Applicator Training
We offer the best in Online Pesticide Education providing CEUs approved by the State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Compliance & Enforcement. Our instructor lead video courses are fast, easy, affordable and meet state licensing requirements. We offer the following continuing education courses in full HD video, and they are available when you are!
Need to obtain your applicator's license? Check out our Pesticide Applicator Core Exam Prep Course!