Common Pests of Residential, Industrial & Institutional Structures | West Virginia Approval #000YZC
Instructor: Sarah Racine
This course, which is approved by the West Virginia Department of Agriculture, teaches pest managers how to identify and control pests found in residential, institutional, and industrial buildings. Interior and exterior pests covered in this course include rats, mice, weeds, insects, bats, fungi, and certain birds. The course also outlines various management methods for the pests listed above.
Pest managers must know how to properly and safely control pests that can negatively impact wood foundations, damage furnishings, infest stored food, and infect people.
After completing this course, pest managers in West Virginia will be able to:
- Identify common vertebrate and invertebrate pests and create effective management strategies
- Identify and avoid common stored-food pests
- Describe wood-destroying pest damage and explain the importance of treating wood prior to use
- Identify common fabric pests and outline how to manage them
- Identify and manage common parasitic, biting, and stinging pests