Maryland Commercial Category 7A - Industrial General Pest 8 Credit Bundle
This course bundle is designed for the Maryland Industrial General Pest Applicator. The course bundle contains 8 credits of category specific continuing education approved by the Maryland Department of Agriculture Pesticide Regulation Section. Please click on course details for a list of specific courses.
- Bed Bug Health Effects & Control – 2 credits
- General Structural Pest Management – 6 credits
Bed Bug Health Effects & Control
Bed bugs are a common and difficult household pest that can be linked to a number of health effects such as psychological issues, cutaneous reactions, allergic reactions, anemia, and potential disease transmission. This course outlines various management methods for bed bug control and treatment as well as common symptoms and signs of health effects caused by the presence of bed bugs. Taught by Mississippi State University’s Jerome Goddard Ph.D., Extension Professor of Medical Entomology, this course presents numerous case studies of real world scenarios that express the complexities of bed bug infestations.
After completing this course users will be able to:
- Identify specific signs and symptoms of bed bugs.
- Describe major health effects commonly caused by bed bug infestations.
- Outline effective products and strategies of bed bug management systems.
General Structural Pest Management
As certified or licensed professionals we have legal responsibilities that we must fulfill in every job that we do. Not only do have to control pests, but we also have to do the paperwork and legwork that documents our applications. These are very important steps in the process of pest control, and following through is a must for any successful business.
As certified or licensed applicators it is so important that you can trust everyone on your team to be knowledgeable about their duties, and responsible for protecting your customers, the environment and your business. A solid basic training program for all technicians will help you work safer and more efficiently.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Identify and calibrate different types of application equipment
- Identify different common structural pests
- Describe how to implement integrated pest management in structural situations
- Outline the special considerations needed for specialized facilities
- Outline the key pests and pest hot spots for specialized facilities