ONLINE WORKER PROTECTION STANDARD COURSE
2018 Worker Protection Standard (WPS) - Agricultural Worker Training Program (Unlimited)
$399.00Add to cart
2018 Worker Protection Standard (WPS) - Agricultural Worker Training Program (25 Workers)
$159.00Add to cart
How do I get my applicator's license in Nebraska?
Private Applicator - To obtain certification to be a Private Applicator, you must complete one of the following:
- attend a private applicator training program - usually sponsored through your local extension office, or
- complete a self-study program through your local extension office, or
- pass the Private Applicator Exam administered by the Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA)
- The licensing fee for a Private Applicator is $25 for the three-year licensing cycle. Private Applicators must re-certify every three years. For more information on obtaining your initial certification contact your local extension agency.
Commercial and Non-Commercial Applicators - To obtain certification as either a Commercial (for-hire) or Non-Commercial (not-for-hire) applicator, you must
- successfully pass the general standards exam and at least one category specific exam with a score of at lease 70%.
- The licensing fee is $90 for Commercial Applicators, there is no fee for Non-Commercial Applicators. Both Commercial and Non-Commercial Applicators must re-certify every three years.
Do I need continuing education to maintain my Nebraska pesticide applicator's license?
No, Nebraska Department of Agriculture requires that all applicators be re-certified every three years.
Renewal Cycle: 3 years
Renewal Deadline: April 15th 3 years after the exam date
Frequently Asked Questions
Nebraska has three levels of licensing for pesticide applicators: Private, Commercial and Non-commercial.
- Private Applicator Certification - Anyone who applies restricted use pesticides in an agricultural setting to their own property needs this level of licensing. Private Applicators may apply restricted use pesticides to properties owned by others as long as no compensation outside of an exchange of services.
- Commercial Applicator Certification - Anyone who applies restricted use pesticides to the property of another in a for hire capacity needs this level of licensing; or applies pesticides to the structure or lawn of property owned by another, regardless of if the pesticide is restricted or general use. There are currently 14 categories and subcategories that a Commercial Applicator may be certified in.
- Non-Commercial Applicator Certification - Anyone who applies restricted use pesticides to a commodity or property under the direct supervision or direction of their employer; or anyone performing outdoor vector control for a neighborhood or community. This level of licensing is strictly not-for-hire.
Nebraska has established the following categories for Commercial and Non-Commercial Certified Applicators. Applicators may be licensed in one or more of these areas depending on their scope of work. For a more detailed explanation of the categories please click here.
Category 01 - Ag Plant Pest Control
Category 01A - Soil Fumigation
Category 02 - Ag Animal Pest Control
Category 03 - Forest Pest Control
Category 04 - Ornamental and Turf Pest Control - does not include applications to aquatic areas
Category 05 - Aquatic Pest Control
Category 05S - Sewer Root Control
Category 06 - Seed Treatment
Category 07 - Right of Way Pest Control
Category 08 - Structural and Health-Related Pest Control (residential or commercial)
Category 08W - Wood Destroying Organisms
Category 09 - Public Health Pest Control
Category 10 - Wood Preservation
Category 11 - Fumigation
Category 12 - Aerial Pest Control
Category 14 - Wildlife Damage Control
Demonstration and Research Subcategory
Applicators that live outside the state of Nebraska may be eligible to obtain a Nebraska Pesticide Applicator License if those states have formed a reciprocal agreement with the Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA). Eligibility for applicators with licenses from other states or agencies may be granted on a case by case basis. Click here for more information about reciprocal licenses.
Here is short preview from the Pesticide Application Procedures course.
Pesticide PRIVATE Applicator Training
We offer the best in Online Pesticide Education providing CEUs approved by the Nebraska Department of Agriculture. Our instructor-led video courses are fast, easy, affordable and meet state licensing requirements. We offer the following online continuing education courses in full HD video, and they are available when you are!
Need to obtain your applicator's license? Check out our Pesticide Applicator Core Exam Prep Course!